Saturday 16 June 2012

The Secret World Beta Weekend #3: Hell Raised... also we can be pretty now

As a girl gamer I not only need a good story and atmosphere in a game but the characters should be pretty too. The Secret World Beta Weekend #3: Hell Raised started yesterday and I was really happy when I saw the new shirts, skirts and shoes in the character creator.

On the first weekend we didn't have a lot of options, so my poor Suzy had to run around in a funny looking red shirt, and ridiculously big cowboy boots while chasing zombies because the rest of the clothes were even more horrible.

My new beta character, Sue Ellen, on the other hand got a lovely pair of jeans and a nice white shirt. Blood looks nicer on white, doesn't it? Unfortunately in this game we won't be covered in blood from head to toe after a killing spree. Shame.

It's also interesting to see what others are wearing. I bet that behind those skimpily dressed female characters, walking around in high heels and tiny skirts, a guy gamer clicks the mouse more often than not.

So we have options. We can dress up our characters quite respectably, or decide to put on something a stripper would beg for. This is how it should be in every game. It really annoys me in games like Tera Online that my options are slutty, or sluttier. While I don't mind others prancing around town flashing their underwear, I like to look decent. Even if it's just the virtual me.

This time I played a Dragon, so my story started in Seoul, not in London, but after a few minutes I found myself back in Kingsmouth. This little town is still charming. Even though the streets are swarming with zombies and other yukkie creatures.

I also dropped the assault rifle and learned spellcasting instead so this time I managed to enjoy the actual gameplay as well, not just the beautiful landscape and the creepy story.

No comments:

Post a Comment