Wednesday 16 May 2012

A Feast for Crows

I finished reading A Feast for Crows a few days ago. Took me a while, mostly because I just simply couldn't stop being online and messing around on the internet, playing MMOs, or just staring at random pictures on Pinterest. Ehh...

As George R. R. Martin said at the end of his book, this one was a bitch. Indeed.  

Where's Tyrion? What the hell is going on with the dragons? What is up with all these zombies, seriously...

I'm just glad I didn't have to wait 5 years for it, and also don't need to wait for the next part. I started to read the Song of Ice and Fire books only last year, right before the TV series had started. Although I'm taking a little break before jumping into A Dance with Dragons.

I remember last summer we were at the airport, waiting for our flight to Hungary, just a few days before the official release. The bookshops of course had the book already in stock, haven't even tried to hide it too much. John spotted it under the till and started bargaining with the shop assistant. Needless to say, it didn't work. Still, he was adamant to get a hardcover copy, but had no luck in the bookstores in Hungary either. Eventually he broke down and got the Kindle edition.

So up to this day we don't actually own the physical book yet. It's on my whislist, but I need to finish other books before I order it. Knowing myself by the time I start reading, I will forget half the things that had happened before, even if it's only a few months waiting.

I suspect I'm not the only one who have marshmallow instead of brain. I just found this website, called Tower of the Hand, with summaries for all the chapters. Yay, I'm saved. But to be honest I think this will also take ages to read through.

No comments:

Post a Comment