Sunday 13 May 2012

Secret World

I pre-ordered Secret World so could participate in the beta weekend that started on Friday.

From the three factions this time I could try the Templars. So far the Illuminati were my favourites but I think apart from the faction story line there won't be a big difference in the quests. Although I must say I haven't read much about this. I try to avoid spoilers.



The atmosphere in the game is a little bit depressing. Like a combination of the Walking Dead and an oldschool detective story.



The Templar's headquarter is in London.



My character, Susie, started there and was soon sent to Kingsmouth, New England. This little town with the nice little houses, white picket fences, an old diner and a lonely lighthouse looks like a place from a Stephen King book. Apparently it's mostly based on Innsmouth, a fictional town created by H. P. Lovecraft. So yes, it's quite creepy.



... and they have zombies.

Hell, yeah.

Unlike in other MMOs, we won't level up in this one. (Why I don't have a girlfriend? I'm a level 80 paladin...) Instead we get skill points to spend on powers and abilities. No restrictions. We can choose to master a specialization or learn multiple at the same time.

We can learn to fight with swords, guns or magic powers. I usually play spellcasters, healers in other games so decided to spice things up and train for assault rifle. After half an hour realized this is still not something for me. Heh. I want to toast people with lightning. Simple.

Anyway, I'm glad I bought the game and can't wait to find out the theme of the next beta weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment